A chronic disorder characterised by dependence on jogging, logging and blogging. Symptoms may include excessive sweating; fabrication of outlandish excuses; the development of withdrawal symptoms on reducing or ceasing access to the internet; a steadily declining grip on reality; and decreased ability to function socially.
It is important that you know the symptoms of janatholism so you can recognise it in yourself and others at an early stage.
Janatholism Symptoms Part 1 - Preparation:
1) Dependents will insist that their toenails must be kept short for running; fingernails short for blogging.
2) They will maintain that running shoes and white socks can be paired with any clothing (jeans/office gear/highland dress), making a style statement that they are fully prepared to defend if it means they can head out for a jog at any time.
3) Accompanying outfits for (2) are generally chosen based on visibility and/or breathability for the same reason.
4) They will happily put upper body mobility on hold for the entire month of January; it's much easier to wear a sports bra all day than waste precious running time contorting oneself to get into it later on. (Generally affects only ladies. Or does it? We are here to help, not judge.)
5) They are prepared to sleep in clean running kit to ensure a swift start to their run in the morning.
6) They may even consider sleeping in dirty running kit when really pushed for time. (Only in very extreme cases of janatholism will dependents actually do this. This is rare; however, recovery from this degree of dependence is improbable.)
Tomorrow, Janatholism Symptoms Part 2 - Delegation...
Day 12 - Slow morning run to work in warm kit
Distance: 3.26 miles
Pace: 12:28 min/mile
Cake rating: 3/5 (legs pretty duff from last night)
Day 12 - Cycle commute back up the hill of doom
Distance: 3.91 miles
Speed: 9.3 mph
Cumulative Janathising: 47.7 miles running + 48.6 miles cycling